8.10.2011

Balsamic Chicken over "Mashed" Cauliflower

Comfort food. I think one of the hardest things about "dieting" is that we miss the foods that really fill us up and comfort us. For me that is mashed potatoes. I have a love for them that is up there with if you could only eat one food for the rest of your life they may be the winner. I found this amazing Balsamic Chicken recipe while pinning on Pinterest (if you have never been there...GO!)and used it as my jumping point for this recipe. I threw them in the crockpot at 2pm and were were eating dinner at 5:30 and the chicken was perfect! On to the mashed cauliflower..words cannot describe how good these were and I bet I could serve them to a dinner guest and they would think they were potatoes. Make this dish. PLEASE!


Balsamic Chicken
2 large organic chicken breasts
1 red bell pepper - sliced into rings
1 yellow bell pepper - sliced into rings
3 shallots - peeled and cut in half
3 cloves of garlic - peeled and cut in half
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
2 TBS high quality balsamic vinegar
2 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients into crock pot and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.

Mashed Cauliflower
1 large head cauliflower - broken into small florets
2 TBS coconut oil
salt and pepper

Steam cauliflower till it is so tender it falls apart to the touch. Transfer to the food processor. Add coconut oil, salt and pepper. Process till silky and smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment