8.04.2011

The power of the almond butter... Almond Butter Pumpkin Muffins

Shocked would be the understatement when I discovered how versatile almond butter was! Little did I know that I was going to be incorporating this nutty goodness into so many of my daily meals. Yesterday I made these amazing little muffins. Words cannot describe the way they taste or the amazing smell that filled my house while they were baking. The boys helped and enjoyed throwing in the chocolate chips...hence the quantity ;)These are also a great way to sneak in veggies!! I have found a few versions out there and tweaked them a bit to create this.


Almond Butter Pumpkin Muffins
1 cup almond butter
1 egg - Omega 3 Organic
1 tsp vanilla - Organic/ Pure
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix
1/2 cup honey
1 cup pureed pumpkin (organic canned)
1/4 cup high quality chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients. Fill muffin cups 3/4 way full. Top with a few chocolate chips. Bake for about 15 minutes or until puffy and golden. I yielded 10 out of this batch. Next time I will double the batch and freeze the rest. If they even make it that far.

No comments:

Post a Comment